Tuesday, March 1, 2011

That Darn Squirrel

Revenge. Pure and simple.

That darn squirrel was mad at me for putting the lid on tight on the container holding the sunflower seeds.

He was determined alright. He was so determined that he chewed a big hole right through the lid. He didn’t even start at the edge of the lid.

I almost took a picture of the destruction, but it looked so pathetic and depressing. Not a cheery sight at all.

Yes, he chewed right through the lid; then sat in the seeds eating away, leaving behind the hulls like a vast wasteland. He had his fill and went on his merry way, laughing with his belly full thinking he had outsmarted me.

Nope. The battle is on. Well, it was on already, sort of. I knew the squirrel was getting into the stash of seeds. So I countered by putting the lid on tight. Now he’s ruined the lid, and my ineffective method of keeping him out.

What now?

Well, I’ve moved all stashes of sunflower seed back to the garage, where it used to be. (We had moved it to the back deck for convenience and because of mice in the garage – another story.)

Let’s see how clever that squirrel will be now that the seed is out of his reach. Will he make his way to the garage? Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment