Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Squirrel and A Bee

We finally met, The Squirrel and I. He came right up to the window and we locked eyes.

I knew it was him, because you know what he did next? He went to the spot where the sunflower seed used to be. He looked. He sniffed. I know he was perplexed. Whatever could have happened to his personal stash of food?

I would say that we are now even, but I actually think the squirrel came out ahead. He still has access to seed in the feeders – so he can always eat – and I’m just slightly inconvenienced.

There has been another sighting around here – a bee. I know, I know, it’s still winter. How can there be a bee already?

Art can make all things possible. In this case, Mark has created a copper bee. Here is the bee for you to see. (And this cute creature doesn’t sting either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment