Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our Apple Tree


At the corner of our property, we have a single apple tree. There are loads of apples hanging off its branches.

I am excited to have an abundance of organic apples free for the picking. In fact, as you can see here, I already picked some because I just couldn’t wait.

They are beautiful. Okay, they’re a little tart right now, but that won’t stop us from eating them. Even our dogs like them.

The dogs came along with me while I took pictures and picked a few apples. They love excursions, especially when a trail is involved.


So many smells to sniff. After all, deer like trails too.

As for the apples, I am so looking forward to baking and cooking with them. I haven’t always taken advantage of our apple tree, but this year I will.

This apple tree has been here long before us. It bears gifts. There’s something wonderful about being able to harvest from nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment