Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Full Moon and Harvest


Last night we had a full moon.

When I first spotted the moon from where I was sitting in the living room, I thought what a great picture that would make. I went outside to take a picture, but was unable to get a good vantage point because the moon was still low in the sky and all the trees were blocking the view.

So, I waited. About 9pm I was ready to try again. Just as I went to step out on our front deck in the dark, I spotted a glimpse of white in the darkness. Uh-oh. A skunk. Luckily he/she didn’t hang around too long. I’m actually sorry not to have a picture of the skunk, but I really didn’t dare open the door with it just feet away… another time perhaps?

Yesterday afternoon I ventured to the apple tree again. Here’s what I picked within reach.

They certainly sweeten up with time.

Our tomatoes are coming on strong now. Looking forward to homemade marinara sauce soon. As for the zucchini, they win first prize for the most prolific of vegetables. And there are lots more coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment