Monday, August 15, 2011

What's Coming and Going

Recently I discovered this lovely surprise…

These four o’clock flowers are growing in between some of the tomato plants in our garden. What a nice gift.

I’m happy to receive an unexpected gift of flowers in the garden, what with the daisies being done, and the deer nibbling at flowers throughout the summer, and finding that our wisteria is dying.

I’ve cut back my nemesia because it grew too leggy and parts were dying off. 

Many weeks ago I had also cut back our fuchsia because it had lost all its blossoms and wasn’t looking so good. You can see that it is making a comeback.


As are our impatiens, which the deer have completely eaten at least three times during the summer.

Another casualty was some flowers, growing from seed, which I hadn’t even identified before the deer ate them. I then put a handful of sunflower seeds in the pot, placed the pot in the garden (which has the fence around it), and VOILA! A sprout!

There are many new grape leaves growing…

as well as grapes themselves.

So, despite things dying and being eaten in their prime, stuff still grows.

That’s what’s coming and going.

No comments:

Post a Comment