Thursday, August 11, 2011

Some Morning Sights

Lately when I step outside with my morning coffee, there hasn’t been a whole lot of activity – not like at the earlier part of summer. So I was very pleasantly surprised to see some action this morning.

Just outside our back deck were this mother and her fawn. The fawns are especially skittish, so this one started to leave as I came out.

As I was sitting and sipping, I could hear lots of bird chatter. And I was able to capture a picture of these goldfinches at our back feeder, albeit blurry (my apologies). Caffeine kicking in?

Meanwhile, at the front of our house, plenty was happening there. Lots and lots of chestnut-backed chickadees were feeding; some nuthatches and juncos too. I was able to get a picture of these two chestnut-backed chickadees with a steadier hand.

And then one other sight caught my eye. A small notice that, before long, our summer season will end. Never mind what the calendar says, nature is letting us know what’s ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment