Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Birds & Photographs

It’s April and we’re starting to see some of our spring birds return. We spotted the pine siskins at our feeders this week. Then today I was excited to see the return of a goldfinch.

Mind you, it’s a cooler day – we had frost on the grass this morning. And I haven’t seen a single evening grosbeak return yet. Sometimes we’ve spotted the evening grosbeaks as early as February 28! But our temperatures have been cooler this time around.

Which is why I’m very excited to see a goldfinch today. I love how their bright yellow bodies stand out against all the greenery around us. I haven’t been able to get a photo of it yet, but I will eventually. (When I open the door to step outside to take a picture, it flies off and does not return for a very long time.)

What I do have to show you is a different bird – a great gray owl – one of Mark’s recent creations. He’s caught the essence of this small but majestic bird in flight; with its spectacular feathered wings and expressive eyes.

I have to admit, this one was definitely easier to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment