Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Repurposed Pumpkin, an Opossum, and a Birthday

See these three pumpkins? They have been part of our fall décor outside.

Now there are only two. The pumpkin on the left, the tilted one, got cooked. Literally. It became this…

… pumpkin purée, and this…

roasted, salted pumpkin seeds.

We now have enough purée to make five pumpkin pies. Just starting to get ready for the upcoming Thanksgiving feast. J

Last night I saw my first ever opossum! I spotted it approaching our bird feeders, ran to grab my camera, and tried (foolishly) taking a picture through the sliding glass door. Well, that doesn’t work as any smart person knows. So I cracked open the door to get a real picture of it, but of course, it started running off. (Our two dogs barking at it didn’t help either.)

Here’s my best picture of this cute little American marsupial. It was scooting down the railing – had an adorable whitish face, and a rat-like tail. My apologies for the blurry picture, but I wanted to prove that I actually did see one! Also, there were other eyewitnesses.

On another note, there was a birthday here recently – mine. Here I am with my younger two sons, Ethan and Justen. Isn’t it amazing how much older they look? 

No comments:

Post a Comment