Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Perfect Fall Day


The first day of November turned out to be a perfect fall day. Outside there was frost on the ground and the water in the birdbaths had frozen, while inside was cozy and warm.

Mid-morning a buck appeared in our backyard. He has the most beautiful markings on his face.

I went out back to fill the birdfeeder and he and this doe did not run off. So I left some sunflower seed on the ground for them, which they promptly ate. Then they were gracious enough to allow me to take their picture.

Because it was quite cold outside, I made up our first fire of the season. The house soon became toasty.

I baked bread…

to go along with a pot of bean soup.

The sun was shining all afternoon. It was a wonderful way to begin November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment