Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Eyes On Me

Early this morning I was filling the back feeder and when I looked up, this deer was watching me.

I think she’s our mama with the twins, although the twins were not in sight. Regardless, she was eyeing me and the sunflower seed. Of course I saw her as hungry. And since I can’t help myself, I put out some extra sunflower seed right on the ground, just for her.

As I stepped away, she moved closer. Sure enough, she went right for the seed. What animal wouldn’t?

For this one morning anyway (and maybe another odd morning or two), I was glad to help her out. If the seed wasn’t put on the ground, she most likely would have hoisted herself up on her hind legs to eat out of the feeder I had just filled for the birds. “Our” deer often do that.

Oh, and now that we’re back home, the deer can’t quite as easily come up and eat our new grape-leaf growth, and the impatiens I had on the front deck. Which, by the way, are all gone now.

I’m keeping an eye on them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment