Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Different Squirrel

One of the things that I love about living here is what I might see each day. It could be looking up to find a deer watching me, spotting an unusual bird, discovering an owl in a nest box, raccoons at the feeders with their young, new fawns, or even a skunk outside when it’s time to let the dogs out at night. Just to name a few…

This morning I spotted a different type of squirrel at our feeder. This one is much smaller than our usual gray squirrel. The tail is less bushy. It has browner coloring to it.

Whatever type of squirrel it is, it didn’t like me taking pictures of it. This squirrel put up with a few flashes, and then started wiggling its tail rather violently in my direction. I tried opening the door to get a clearer picture of it, and it high-tailed it (pun intended) out of there.

Never a dull moment here.

No comments:

Post a Comment