Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wild Irises and Lilacs

Today I discovered this lovely surprise on the hillside of our backyard. Wild irises are popping up everywhere and they are beautiful. We mostly see them near the edge of the woods, but this group is smack-dab in the middle of the grass on the hill.

Our lilac bush is in full bloom now too. A few days ago I clipped a few lilac flowers to bring into the house. Our dining table needed something to spruce it up, and what better way than to gather some gorgeous blooms from right outside our door? They smell wonderful too.

Along with the banana bread muffins that I just baked, the kitchen is overwhelmed with great smells. I’ll take them all! It’s such a joy to have the doors and windows open again – to have the fresh air breeze coming into the house, the scent of lilac every time I walk by the table, and of course, something fresh-baked from the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment