Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Rain, anyone?

Rain. Gray. Rain. Clouds (not the puffy white kind). Rain. Oh, and a bit of cold too. Typical Oregon winter.

I have to admit we’ve had a pretty decent winter so far. We had more sun show up in January than we usually see. That was encouraging.

But now we’re in one of those stretches where there is no sun to be found anywhere remotely near here. For days.

We wake up in the dark. The whole day is gray. Everything looks dreary.

When the sun returns though, it will be glorious. I’ll sit right where the sun is shining into the room. The warmth of it I will soak up like a sponge. Just thinking of the sun helps me shake off the cold I feel.

I know all these rainy days are necessary. Nature depends upon it, not to mention us humans. Even though something isn’t looking good for a time, there will be benefits in the future.

So when I hear tap, tap, tap, on the roof I’ll remember to be thankful for this rain. We’ll be rewarded later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment