Thursday, February 17, 2011

Looking for Spring

I went food shopping this morning and these were not only for sale, but on sale. Yay! Just when I was having about enough of red, and I love red, here comes some yellow popping into life.

Winter sort of feels that way too. I’m ready for spring. Maybe even looking for it…and here it is. Little mini yellow daffodils – narcissus. 
The yellow color alone is enough to chase away any winter blues.

Seeing these in the store tells me that spring is not far away. Some lucky folks even have these popping up in their yards. Isn’t it nice that we can enjoy them too, even if we are just driving by?

Looking around I’m starting to see other signs. Our forsythia has buds on it, but it is still early. After all, we are only halfway through winter.

That won’t stop me from looking for spring though.  

No comments:

Post a Comment